Sunday 5 September 2010

Sunday and I feel better

I had an appointment on Friday with the practice nurse for my diabetes review. That seems to have gone well. I haven't put any weight on, I haven't lost any either but not adding to the load is a GOOD thing. My blood pressure is also fine so I must just keep on taking the tablets. We have begun to formulate an eating plan. Both of us are desperate to lose weight but Mr M is never full and if he eats I will try to keep up.
I have no idea why I do this, just that I do. Now that I am aware of what I am doing I try very hard to stop. I also try very hard to reduce the portion size without him noticing. I am gradually increasing the amount of vegetables I put on his plate while at the same time reducing the amount of food that goes on mine.
I think it is working.
Friday night I felt lousy, Saturday we went to my cousin's for dinner. As they are dieting too we really enjoyed eating with them. All fat free and the pudding was fresh fruit so Mr M could have some with fat free yoghurt. Excellent!
Sunday I spent all day making our Christmas cards. I used last year's cards that were sent to us and recycled as much as possible. Then I used up all the christmassy bits left over from free gifts and a kit that someone gave me that they had received for joining a bookclub. I made 50 cards - I like things to be simple - and that means I have now made over 150 so I have 36 to give to Tenovus to sell.
Lots of lessons learnt. Lots of crafting done. Pictures will follow

No comments: