Saturday 17 July 2010

Photographing a day out

I made sure I had fully charged batteries in the camera and extras in the going-out-for-the-day-bag, you know the one that has the insect repellent and the umbrella AND the sunhat in the big section and a small Kendall Mint cake bar a packet of pain killers, the sewing kit, a pencil and tiny notebook and the spare set of front door keys in the smaller section. Yes that's the one. We were going out with the other Colin and Ann. A special trip to visit The Hall at Abbey Cwm Hir. We began the day by going to Morrison's in Brecon for Breakfast, yum. Then we stopped at the South Wales Borderer's Museum just so I could look at the Victoria Crosses won by the 24th of foot at Rorke's Drift. Fabulous.

Then we went to Abbey Cwm Hir which is a few miles north of Llandrindod Wells. What a place! Privately owned, you must book yourself in for either the morning or afternoon tour of ALL 52 rooms in the house. It is quirky and odd and not to my taste but it is certainly very interesting and some of the rooms will take your breath away.

I took loads of pictures of things that I thought were interesting. I tried to only use natural light and for the most part I was successful but there were one or two places where the rooms were simply too dark and I had to use the flash. I now have loads of choices to make - a double page layout or a separate special album? choose just one or two pictures to sum up the day or tell the whole story with all the pics (more than 60)? I just don't know yet. There are a couple of good pics of the other Colin and Ann that deserve a separate page.

There is one pic of Mr M that I think is just lovely and I want to scrap that one in the 2010 12x12 album. So many pictures so little time.

We were feeling a little peckish by the time we left, a long time since breakfast, so we headed for Leominster. Old friends will know that this can mean only one place for us to go and eat - The OK Diner. I had the beer battered Cod with fries. Mr M had the 10oz All The Way Burger Colin hadanother of the burgers and Ann had the Ribs and Wings. We also had a 12 inch stack of onion rings. Nom,nomnomnomnomnom.
I didn't have time to photograph the meals because as soon as the food arrivedc we all piled in and started chomping. A fabulous day! All I need to do now is rest quietly until my ribs stop aching from laughing so much

No comments: