Monday 5 December 2011

Journal My Christmas

My perfect Christmas is.................this one. The one we are going to have. It doesn't matter what happens on the day or in the days leading up to it, I just know it will be perfect. Does that mean I don't care? I don't think so. I think it means that I don't have any expectations although I no longer dread the arrival of Christmas day as I used to when my children were small.
Those days ended with my divorce and were swept away when we - my three children and me - set up home with Mr M.
Look, I'm wearing my hat. Now can I eat my dinner?
Somehow he made everything right, from the sneaking outside to shake the reindeer bells below the bedroom window and then rushing inside to open the sitting room window and shout "I don't care what your name is, you can't park those reindeer on my roof!".
He took away the tension that we had all associated with Christmas, he made us believe in magic again and he gave us the space to laugh.
That's something we have become used to, laughter. Lots and lots of laughter. Scrap books being opened and stories remembered, but mostly of the years since Mr M came into our lives.
So that's why every Christmas is the perfect Christmas. We have Mr M and he loves us - perfect.

1 comment:

Sian said...

No, it doesn't mean you don't care - it means you care about all the right things :)