Monday 3 December 2012

Journal MY Christmas - Day 3

I don't plan Christmas. At least I don't think I do.

I do make lists - is that planning? I make a list of the people we are buying presents for. I make a list of those we are sending cards. I make a list of everything I am going to cook. I make a list of everything I need to be able to cook. Is this planning?

I make Christmas cards for TENOVUS a local cancer charity, and take them to the charity shop in October. I also make enough for us and for my three children. My cards are written by the end of October and they have any letters and photographs put in them and are sealed and stamped by the last week in November so they can be posted on December 1st. My cousin and I have been doing this for twenty years.
We buy savings stamps with Morrisons all through the year so that we can do our extra Christmas shopping with those.
I make a list of what we want to eat - find recipes and practice making them as sugar free as possible so that we can enjoy those treats and not have to worry about blood sugar.

WE don't drink alcohol because I am allergic to grain alcohol and Mr M said he lost interest in alcohol when we met. He has also said that he doesn't drink because he needs to have his brain in working order to keep up with me! I think these are both compliments

We don't object to other people having a drink but if they come here for dinner they have to bring their own booze.

Our Christmas just happens. I let everyone else tell me what they are going to do and then let them. The best Christmas is when everyone does their own thing and Mr M and I can stay at home and just be together. 


No comments: