Wednesday 25 April 2012

Sketch Challenge

I am not a great fan of layers or embellishments, I just can't often be bothered to fiddle too much - lazy that's why. However, I saw this challenge in the May edition of Scrap365 and decided to have a bit of a go.
It helped that my granddaughter and her partner and daughter were staying with us this weekend so I had someone to scrap with - it is so good to chatter while scrapping.
This is the result of my endeavours.

Journalling will go in the space at the top
I suppose I should explain the title because you simply had to be there to understand and this page is going in the album of that wedding. The simplest way to explain is with another picture
official hotel notice
I had to take a picture of the notice put up by the hotel and, of course, everything that happened for the rest of the day referred back to that error, hence Weeding the speech.
Daft I know but it was a great icebreaker amongst the guests and families and it took away some of the terrors for the Grooms as they were both shaking like leaves in autumn before the ceremony.

Take a look at the Scrap365 challenge

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving what you've done so far, the journaling will be great...I didn't notice the spelling of the title, shows how your brains work! Thanks for joining in the challenge xx

Morag Cutts said...

LOL. That is such a cool anecdote! Great layout - Thanks for taking part.

Sian said...

Great story and a super page!

BJ said...

Thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake as I hadn't noticed until you did - LOL. Great page - BJ

Paula said...

Great LO, that just had to be scrapped. Thanks for joining in:)

Angie Hinksman said...

Just brilliant!!!

Love your layout :)

Ifa said...

LOL...funny. Yep, definitely, the explanation helps otherwise it looks like you were the one who made the spelling mistake. Gorgeous LO.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Awesome!